You can create your artwork using a variety of tools, as long as you can produce a PDF file in the end. You do not necessarily need to have a design tool such as Illustrator or Corel Draw to create the design for your business card, or your flyer, for example.
Here is some important information that will help you with your artwork:
- Use a tool that you are comfortable with; doing otherwise will quickly prove to be frustrating,
- Set the document to the proper size from the start; this will save you from the major headaches of having to resize your artwork, where not everything will resize as expected…
- Use pictures with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi (dots per inch); a resolution of 72 dpi is sufficient for the internet, but it is not fit for print,
- When using a picture, make sure that you have the right to use it; if you download a picture from the internet, you may be infringing some copyright,
- Avoid having too many fonts in your document; an abundance of fonts will hurt the document’s readability.
If you’d rather be hands off, you can hire us to do your artwork from A to Z, or from wherever you want to Z [learn more].
Related products and/or services